Cookies on the
find out more here.
Lessons from last rate hike by FED
Federal Reserve (FED) is about to hike rates this year after almost 9 years since the last rise. Current rate is maintained close to zero percent. The most probable next hike would be to bring the Fed funds rate to range of 0.25%. FED raised rates in 2004 from 1% to 5.25% by 2006. During which performance of the asset class remained mixed. Dollar index traded within a range between 80 to 90. So FED raising rates not necessarily mean a strong dollar, but this time it could be different as the major central banks' monetary policies are diverging unlike then. The attached chart...
Commodities snapshot (energy)
Energy segment continues the sideways trade grossly unmoved by economic dockets.Weekly performance at a glance in...
New 12 months Low: EUR/ILS
New 3 months Low: Gold, spot
New 12 months High: USD/NOK
New 12 months High: USD/PLN
New 12 months High: USD/TRY
Commodities snapshot (precious & industrial)
Metals finally gave up further grounds amid a stronger dollar and news on slowing china. Performance this week at a...
Today Calendar Events
Equity snapshot (indices)
Equities performances are mixed today as some gave up yesterday's gain while others continued. Performance this week at...
Technicals - 15 minutes delayed
* USD/CAD-1.0520 = subsequent low...
* GBP/USD- big rise in Cable trading...
* EUR/JPY trips 138.50 barriers as EUR...
* USD/JPY- decent demand to buy ahead of...
* USD/JPY- 102.00 barriers add to...
Sign in to receive realtime news
FXWire News - 15 minutes delayed
Asia open: US Dollar index remains unstoppable on Friday - 9th March, 2015
* For the week, Dow down 1.5 pct, S&P 500 down 1.6 pct, NASDAQ down 0.7 pct
* Euro net short contracts smallest since mid-january; shorts decline for a 4th week-cftc, Reuters
* Canada's S&P/TSX comp index provisionally closes 1.15 pct down at 14,929.66 points
* NASDAQ unofficially closes down 55.64 points, or 1.12 percent, at 4,927.17
* S&P 500 unofficially closes down 29.63 points, or 1.41 percent, at 2,071.41
* Dow Jones unofficially closes down 278.65 points, or 1.54 percent, at 17,857.07
* U.S. Dollar net longs little changed in latest week - CFTC and Reuters
* Cftc-equity fund speculators increase S&P 500 cme net short position by 4,227 contracts to 58,234...
* Cftc-equity fund managers cut S&P 500 cme net long position by 8,918 contracts to 182,501 in week...
Sign in to receive realtime news
HIGH RISK INVESTMENT WARNING:
Trading foreign exchange on margin carries a high level of risk, and may not be suitable for all investors. The high degree of leverage can work against you as well as for you. Before deciding to invest in foreign exchange you should carefully consider your investment objectives, level of experience, and risk appetite. The possibility exists that you could sustain a loss of some or all of your initial investment and therefore you should not invest money that you cannot afford to lose. You should be aware of all the risks associated with foreign exchange trading, and seek advice from an independent financial advisor if you have any doubts.
Copyright © 1999 -
NetDania Creations ApS, Tavleager 2, 2670 Greve, Denmark, +4536980409, email@example.com, CVR-nr.27976670
Terms And Conditions